twit photo twitter_zps2c090e65.png facebook photo facebook_zps09d94e62.png mail photo mail_zpsf04fac82.png ig photo instagram_zps369f8a48.png yt photo youtube_zps2b63032c.png bloglovin photo bloglovin_zps8ed3b808.png

Followers

BlogLovin

Follow Lissas Polish Addiction

Instagram

Thursday, August 9, 2012

NOTD: A Franken By Lissa!

Hi guys! I'm sorry I've been lacking some polish posts in the past few days! :( But this has to be one of the most exciting posts for me that I've ever done so far! :) Hope you'll like it too.

Lately I've been loving making franken polishes, which is basically where you mix a bunch of polishes and sometimes glitters to make your own unique polish, or to try to recreate a lemming of a polish you may not be able to get your hands on. ;) I've made a few before but this one is definitely my favourite!

Deborah Lippmamn's Glitter in the Air (or Revlon's Whimsical - a dupe for Glitter in the Air) has been at the top of my wish list for quite a while now! I don't think I'll ever get my hands on the Lippmann but I'd still like to try and get the Revlon dupe!
So, I had an empty mini polish bottle and just randomly decided to make something similar to Glitter in the Air! :D

Click 'read more' to see more pictures and a list of which polishes I used in my franken! :)


I wish I'd taken pictures during the process so I could show you exactly what I did and which polishes I uses to create this franken but I didn't. I can't tell you exactly how much of each polish I added, but here's a list of the polishes I used to make my franken:
  • A small amount of Glossyblossom - Bubblegum Baby Blue (Glossyblossom is a brand I've found at Morning Glory stores) to make the base blue
  • Revlon - Radiant
  • Revlon - Sparkling
  • A small amount of BYS - Million Dollar Baby
  • And some of a Satin - French White polish (sheer white jelly-ish consistency) to make the base more jelly like and lighter.
I also added in some iridescent blue and pink hex glitters that I got on eBay.

L-R: Glossyblossom - Bubblegum Baby Blue, Revlon - Radiant, Revlon - Sparkling, BYS - Million Dollar Baby, Satin - French White.
As you can see, I've used the Revlon polishes for a few frankens now! I need to stop using them for frankens because I only bought them a couple months ago and Revlon polishes really aren't that cheap here, even though they're a 'drugstore' brand.

Sadly today's weather was HORRIBLE. Raining for most of the day and the sun didn't make an appearance so I was unable to get any photos in the sunlight.


The bottle I used is TINY so I don't think I'd get many uses out of it, so I'm still on the hunt for Whimsical.

The polish I made obviously isn't an exact dupe of Glitter in the Air but it's enough to satisfy my lemming for now! Or until I go through this little mini bottle. ;)
My franken (kinda annoying calling it that over and over. Maybe I should've given it a name...) isn't as sheer as Glitter in the Air but it's not completely opaque either so I'm going to layer it over other baby blues when I choose to wear it. :)

Of course, right after making this franken I HAD to put it right onto my nails! :)
Here I used one coat of China Glaze's Kinetic Candy and one coat of my franken over it!


Macro
All I can say is that I am in love. I'm so happy my franken turned out the way I wanted! I'd definitely recommend frankening! It's so much fun and you can try to make some polishes that you may be lemming! :)

Hope you enjoyed this post and happy frankening!

I'd also like to say sorry for the obnoxious watermarks on my photos. I think it looks really ugly, but there's been SO many bloggers and nail girls having their photos stolen and reposted without credit lately and I want to prevent that from happening to me!

-Elissa

6 comments:

Jennifer [littlejsnailcorner] said...

Cute franken! I think I actually like your franken better than Whimsical itself! You did a great job!

Unknown said...

Argh so cute! I want whimsical so bad :(


BTW, I nominated you for the Liebster Award, follow my blog back for the Award!
http://beautycatcastle.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/liebster-award.html


(If you've already been nominated don't feel you need to post about it twice!)

blink.pout.glow said...

i've nominated you for the liebster award :) here's the post http://blinkpoutglow.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/the-liebster-award.html xx

MissMelissa said...

So pretty you are really good at doing your nails!!
xo,
http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Lovely! BTW, Elissa, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can check out the info at http://urushinails.blogspot.jp/2012/08/notd-and-nomination.html if you're interested. =)

Unknown said...

I like it better than Whimsical!

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! I'm sorry if I don't reply to your comment but I promise, I read every single one. ♥
Please refrain from leaving any links in the comments. If you would like me to check out your blog or have a question, please email me at lissaspolishaddiction@hotmail.com :)
-Elissa

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com