twit photo twitter_zps2c090e65.png facebook photo facebook_zps09d94e62.png mail photo mail_zpsf04fac82.png ig photo instagram_zps369f8a48.png yt photo youtube_zps2b63032c.png bloglovin photo bloglovin_zps8ed3b808.png

Followers

BlogLovin

Follow Lissas Polish Addiction

Instagram

Saturday, August 4, 2012

NOTD: China Glaze - Lubu Heels

Last night I sorted out my polishes and set aside my "untrieds" (well, most of them). I've put them in little baskets apart from the rest of my collection. I had more untrieds than I thought. :/ I counted exactly 40 so I'm definitely going to try and use some of those soon instead of using polishes I've already tried. I've seen some more I'm interested in picking up soon so I don't want my untrieds to become even bigger!

I decided to wear China Glaze - Lubu Heels from my untrieds today! I bought this one when I bought OPI - Just Spotted the Lizard. I'd had Lubu Heels on my wish list for a while so I just picked it up. (Can you believe I don't even have Ruby Pumps in my collection either!? That was the first CG I ever wanted!)

Lubu Heels is a sheer black base with tiny red glitters. I had to do two coats and another very thin coat with this polish but since it's sheer it didn't make my nails all thick which I appreciate. The only thing I didn't like about the formula was that it's extremely runny and I flooded a couple of my cuticles which wasn't fun. Removing black polish from the cuticles isn't the easiest thing in the world!
Regardless, I love this colour! When you're not in direct sunlight it looks just black but in the sunlight, the red glitters pops and is really sparkly!
Lubu Heels is really vampy and I feel like it's almost even sexy! I've never known a polish to be 'sexy' before. Haha! I don't wear darks too often but in the past couple months, while it's been winter, I haven't been wearing that many dark colours on my nails. I have quite a lot of darks in my collection so I was really feeling a dark polish for today. :)

Artificial light
Daylight
Daylight
In my daylight pictures you can barely see the red glitter which was disappointing. Stupid me for trying to take my photos one hour before the sun is gone!

Thanks for reading! Hope you're having a great weekend (or week, depending on when you read this ;))!
-Elissa

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I really do need this, it's so me!! And gorgeous!
You must get Ruby Pumps, it's.....everything you imagine and more. I love it!
I have two other dupes for this, but I think Ruby Pumps is the best out of them all.

Unknown said...

Yup, still need this colour! haha

By the way I nominated you for The Liebster Award! Details on my page :)

Jacqui of The Scholarly Nail said...

This is such a beautiful polish!! Looks great on you =)

Elissa Vaughan said...

@JacquiAw thankyou! :)
-Elissa

Jas said...

Love your swatch of this! I also nominated you for The Liebster Award, you can follow my link for the details!
http://blingtasticnails.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/liebster-award.html

Elissa Vaughan said...

Thanks so much! Hahaha that's so funny because I was just filling out the liebster award and I was going to nominate you! HAHA!
-Elissa

Unknown said...

oh my gooooodness this polish is beautiful!

aussiedonna50 said...

@Bec
I have seden this comment of yours on so many blogs.

If this is your way of getting views you are probably aware that you now have zero credibility.

I won't be reading your blog because you show you have no ethics & you're totally unbelievable.

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! I'm sorry if I don't reply to your comment but I promise, I read every single one. ♥
Please refrain from leaving any links in the comments. If you would like me to check out your blog or have a question, please email me at lissaspolishaddiction@hotmail.com :)
-Elissa

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com