twit photo twitter_zps2c090e65.png facebook photo facebook_zps09d94e62.png mail photo mail_zpsf04fac82.png ig photo instagram_zps369f8a48.png yt photo youtube_zps2b63032c.png bloglovin photo bloglovin_zps8ed3b808.png

Followers

BlogLovin

Follow Lissas Polish Addiction

Instagram

Saturday, June 23, 2012

NOTD: Midnight Manicure

I found it funny that I'm typing this at exactly 12:00am (midnight), and the polish I am wearing right now is called 'Midnight'!

I am wearing one of the polishes I picked up in Sydney over the weekend, in a chemist. About a week ago & a half ago I discovered that the Revlon ColorStay polishes had been release in Australia! I don't know how long they've been out in the US but since I only recently started to see them popping up on blogs & YouTube so I thought we wouldn't get them for another 4-6 months but I unexpectedly saw them in Chemist Warehouse and flipped out!

I have worn one other ColorStay but didn't take any pictures on my camera (only my phone-bad quality) so I'll have to swatch it again soon.
I really like the formula of these polishes, they're quite thick and the ones I've tried so far are opaque in one coat (though I always do two). I am not the fondest of the brush, however. The brush is wide and a bit stumpy. I tend to get polish all over my cuticles with these polishes which is really annoying because usually I need to do minimal cleanup! But I still really like this line anyway.

Click for larger image
So the one I am wearing 'Midnight'. It's a dark teal colour (though my photos don't show that so well...). I have been wearing a LOT of blues on my nails lately. I used to think blue/green was a very unusual colour for nail polish but now it's probably one of my favourites!
I then topped the polish with CND 'Crimson Sparkle', a shimmer/micro glitter top coat that flashes red (as the name suggests!) and gold! It's really gorgeous and when I googled swatches I saw it only used over dark colours so I thought this would work! At first I wasn't a fan of my combo but it's growing on me! :) I think this topcoat will also look great over pastels for a more subtle look.

More info & swatches after the jump! :)



Click for larger image

Click for larger image

Click for larger image
-Elissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! I'm sorry if I don't reply to your comment but I promise, I read every single one. ♥
Please refrain from leaving any links in the comments. If you would like me to check out your blog or have a question, please email me at lissaspolishaddiction@hotmail.com :)
-Elissa

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com